01 Feb Turcot Interchange Project Class Action
Pending Authorization hearing
Turcot Interchange Project Class Action
Quebec Superior Court File No.
Plaintiff alleges that the Ministère des Transports du Québec and KPH Turcot (the consortium in charge of the Turcot Project) have acted negligently and in violation of his rights to peaceful enjoyment of his property. Plaintiff further alleges that the noise and pollution caused by the repairs to the Turcot interchange have caused him and Class members abnormal and intolerable inconveniences. Plaintiff seeks damages on behalf of all class members for:
- trouble and inconvenience;
- moral damages;
- loss of enjoyment of life;
- loss of enjoyment of property; and
- loss of income and/or business;
All natural and legal persons who have suffered damages from the maintenance work of the Turcot interchange (the “Turcot Project”);
Remedies sought for consumers
- Compensatory and moral damages;
- Injunctive relief ordering the government to reduce the construction noise to acceptable levels.